I found this recipe online today because i wanted to try and find a dinner roll recipe that was EASY! This one was and we loved them! They are super sticky and mine kinda looked like one big loaf of bread but they were so good! We had this with my homemade chicken noodle soup.
* 2 1/2 cups warm milk
* 4 teaspoons dry yeast
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 eggs
* 7 cups flour
* 1/4-1/2 cup butter (reserved)
1. Note: Due to its sticky nature, this recipe is best made in a standing mixer with a dough hook; the truly persistent could probably make this by hand with a bowl and a wooden spoon-- these rolls are worth the extra effort.
2.Sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk and let sit for approximately 5 minutes to proof.
3. Add sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt and eggs; mix well.
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. Blend at medium-low speed for about 5-10 minutes, scraping down sides once or twice.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel; let rise in bowl about 1 hour or til doubled.
7. Remove the towel and plastic wrap and turn mixer on low to"punch down" the dough; if you wish, you can let the dough raise a second time as it makes for a more flavorful roll.
8. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 36"plops"; The dough will be very sticky.
9. Place"plops", edges just touching, in a buttered 9x13 baking pan; don't bother trying to smooth out the"plops"-- they will smooth out as they raise.
10. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise til doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
11. Melt the reserved butter and drizzle over the top of the rolls before baking.
12. Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden.